Qualifying Rental Criteria
Before you apply to rent a home in our community, please take time to review these rental criteria to determine if you are eligible. Please also note that these are our current rental criteria; nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute a guarantee or representation by us that all residents and occupants currently residing in the community have met these requirements. There may be residents and occupants who have resided in the community prior to these requirements going into effect; additionally, our ability to verify whether these requirements have been met is limited to the information we receive from the various resident credit reporting services used. Applicants may be subject to more restrictive qualification criteria as established by Homeowner Associations (HOA’s) and/or municipalities.
Anyone intending to reside in the home who is 18 years of age or older are required to complete an application, provide the necessary documentation and pay the application fee for us to complete the screening process. Residents age 18 and over must have a current, complete and approved application on file with this property. The following guidelines will be used in evaluating your application for residency.
- Income and Employment: The combined gross monthly income for applicants should be at least three (3) times the monthly rent amount. We require verifiable employment history for a minimum of one (1) year. Proof of income for the last 30 days reflecting YTD earnings is required (paycheck stubs). If self-employed, retired, or not employed, we accept documents such as signed tax returns, 1099, and bank statements that provide evidence of regular income. If employment has not yet begun, an executed offer letter or employment contract which includes income and employment start date may be used. Applicants may be denied if Applicant cannot meet sufficient income requirements. Some income results may require further verification or a guarantor may be allowed.
- Rental History: Some credit evaluations will require verifiable rental or mortgage payment history. Broken leases, evictions, or eviction filings, property damage assessments within the past two years may result in an automatic denial of the application. Applicant may also be denied for any outstanding debt/judgement to a prior landlord, eviction filings within the last two (2) years; late or NSF rent payments; broken leases; property damages; unpaid rent; mortgage not current; foreclosures.
- Credit History: A credit report and background screening will be completed for each applicant 18 years of age or older. Credit scores should be at least 500; however, this does not guarantee approval. Bankruptcy history is acceptable if credit has been reestablished and good credit history is reflected for the most recent 12 months. Applicants with open bankruptcies will be denied. Excessive credit collection balances, or slow pays may also result in application denial. Unpaid collections or debt to no more than one landlord not exceeding $2,000 may be acceptable with an additional deposit.
Credit blocks need to be removed before applying. Failure to do so could result in additional application fees. All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. Meeting the above criteria does not guarantee approval.
- Criminal History: Applicant(s) are subject to a criminal history background check. Applicants will be denied if convicted of an offense which requires offenders to be registered as a sex offender or lists them in a terrorism database regardless of conviction date. Applicant(s) will be denied if convicted of the illegal manufacturing or distribution of a controlled substance. Applicant will be denied if convicted or subject to deferred adjudication for a felony (or similarly classified offenses in jurisdictions outside of Texas) if the incarceration, probation or deferred adjudication period was completed within 7 years from the date of application. Applicant(s) will be denied if convicted or subject to deferred adjudication for a Class A misdemeanor involving (illegal drugs or weapons) if the incarceration, probation or deferred adjudication period was within 7 years of the date of application.
In evaluating an Applicant’s criminal history, landlord will conduct an assessment of the risk to the health, safety and welfare of persons, property or animals posed by an Applicant and may consider (1) the type of crime; (2) the severity of the crime; (3) if multiple crimes were committed and/or repeated; (4) the facts or circumstances surrounding the crime; (5) the length of time that has passed since the crime; (6) the age of the Applicant at the time of the crime; and (7) evidence of rehabilitation efforts. Denied applicants may petition Landlord for reconsideration by providing additional information to assist Landlord in its review of the Applicant’s criminal history.
Please remember that these rental criteria do not constituted a guarantee or representation that all applicants, residents, or occupants currently residing in our community have not been convicted of the stated offenses. There may be applicants or occupants who are residing in our community prior to these criteria going into effect. Additionally, our ability to verify this information is limited to the information made available for use by the resident screening service used.
- Occupancy: The total number of tenants and occupants in the home should not exceed two (2) per bedroom.
- Pets: The maximum number of pets is two (2) per home. Pets will be subject to visual inspection. Resident(s) agree to comply with all community policies and will be required to sign a separate Pet Addendum and pay a non-refundable pet fee. Aggressive breed dogs (or pets that may have a violent or dangerous disposition) are not permitted, including, but not limited to, the following: Pit Bull, Staffordshire Terrier, Doberman, Rottweiler, Chow and/or any similar breed or mixed breed. This does not guarantee the approval of any other breed not listed. Exotic pets are prohibited. Weight limit is 100 lbs.
- Security Deposits: A security deposit, non-refundable administrative fee and approved application are required to remove a home from the market. Homes are leased on a “first come, first served” basis with approved application and receipt of security deposit and administrative fee. Lease must start within 14 days of security deposit receipt.
- Guarantors: Guarantorswill be accepted if an applicant does not satisfy the income criteria. Guarantors will not be accepted in lieu of credit or background screening. The guarantor’s income must be equal to at least 4 times the monthly rent. An additional standard security deposit may be required. The guarantor will be required to pay an application fee and to submit all documentation required to apply.
- International Applicants: A valid passport or any form of U.S government identification with supporting photo will be required at time of application. Additional security deposit and prepaid rent will be required if applicants have not established credit in the U.S. Proof that applicant(s) are eligible to live and work in the United States will be required.
- Insurance Requirements: Landlord does require that tenant(s) obtain renter’s insurance.
- Equal Housing: Landlord and Landlord’s agents are committed to providing equal housing opportunities to all Applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, handicap, family status or other protected class status.
If your application is denied for any reason, you must wait at least 6 months before you can reapply.
This acknowledgment indicates that you have had the opportunity to review the landlord’s Qualifying Rental Criteria above. The Qualifying Rental Criteria may include factors such as criminal history, credit history, current income, and rental history. If you do not meet the selection criteria, falsify application information, or if you provide inaccurate information, your application may be denied and your application fee will not be refunded.