1) Income: The combined gross monthly income for all applicants should be at least three (3) times the monthly rent amount.
2) Employment: We require verifiable employment history for a minimum of one (1) year. Proof of income for last 30 days reflecting YTD earnings is required (paycheck stubs). If self-employed, retired, or not employed, we accept documents such as signed tax returns, 1099, and bank statements that provide evidence of regular income. If employment has not yet begun, an accepted offer letter or employment contract should be provided which includes income and employment start date.
3) Previous Residence: We require verifiable residence history for at least 2 years. Addresses indicated on the credit report must match residences listed on the rental application. No broken leases, evictions, or eviction filings within the past two years will be acceptable.
4) Credit History: A credit report and background screening will be completed on all applicants to verify credit worthiness. Credit score should be at least 500; however, this does not guarantee approval. Bankruptcy history is acceptable if credit has been reestablished and good credit history is reflected for the most recent 12 months. Applicants with open bankruptcies will be denied. Unpaid collections or debt to no more than one landlord not exceeding $2,000 may be acceptable with an additional deposit. Credit blocks need to be removed before applying. Failure to do so could result in additional application fees. All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. Meeting the above criteria does not guarantee approval.
5) Occupancy: The total number of tenants and occupants in the home per bedroom should not exceed two (2) per bedroom.
6) Pets: The maximum number of pets is two (2) per home. Pets will be subject to visual inspection. Resident(s) agree to comply with all community policies and will be required to sign a separate Pet Addendum and pay a pet fee and pet deposit. Aggressive breed dogs (or pets that may have a violent or dangerous disposition) are not permitted, including but not limited to: Pit Bull, Staffordshire Terrier, Doberman, Rottweiler, Chow and/or any similar breed or mixed breed. This does not guarantee the approval of any other breed not listed. Exotic pets are prohibited.
Weight limit is 100 lbs.
7) Applicants will be denied for the following or similar reasons: False applications; evictions within the last two (2) years; current bankruptcy proceedings; felony convictions and/or incarceration within the past 7 years; multiple felonies; crimes which pose a serious threat to the health, safety and welfare of persons living and working in our community; any cruelty to animals related convictions; physical or violent crimes; domestic violence; any terrorist related conviction; prostitution related conviction; sex offenses; appearance on any sexual offense or terrorist database.
8) Applicants may be denied or required to pay an additional deposit for the following or similar reasons:Insufficient verifiable income; eviction filings within the last two (2) years; late or NSF rent payments; broken leases; property damages; unpaid rent; mortgage not current; foreclosures; credit scores under 500 or no credit score; excessive credit collection balances, slow pays; felony charges; multiple misdemeanor charges; drug related offenses; misdemeanor conviction within the last (5) years involving crime against person or persons property; theft of $200 and above. An unsatisfactory criminal background check that results in pending charges can result in denial of the application. If your application is denied for any reason, you must wait at least 6 months before you can reapply.
9) Security Deposits: Security deposit and approved application are required to remove a home from the market. Homes are leased on a “first come, first served” basis with approved application and security deposit. Lease must start within 21 days of security deposit receipt. If an applicant is declined, the security deposit check will be returned to the applicant. If an applicant is approved and chooses to cancel their application, the security deposit is non-refundable. Any changes made by the applicant after delivery of security deposit will incur a $150 redraw fee.
10) Guarantors will be accepted if an applicant does not satisfy the income criteria. Guarantors will not be accepted in lieu of credit or background. The guarantor’s income must be equal to at least 4 times the monthly rent. An additional standard security deposit may be required. The guarantor will be required to pay an application fee and to submit all documentation required to apply.
11) International Applicants: A valid passport or any form of U.S government identification with supporting photo will be required at time of application. Additional security deposit and prepaid rent will be required if applicants have not established credit in the U.S. Proof that applicant(s) are eligible to live and work in the United States will be required.
12) Age Requirement: Lease holders must be at least 18 years of age. All persons 18 years of age or older must complete an application and submit a non-refundable application fee.